Our business is founded on the deeply held value of Zero Harm.
As it applies to safety, we remain focused on ensuring that all of our people return home safely to their families at the end of their working day.
We firmly believe that any injury or disease is unacceptable and preventable. In everything we do, the health and safety of our people and communities is always our top priority.
Achieving Zero Harm requires strong leadership and relentless commitment and accountability by all employees, including our contractors.
To underscore and strengthen these safety commitments, contractors working for Downer must register and maintain their compliance in an online Workforce Management System.
The system is managed on behalf of Downer by Pegasus, workforce management software and safety experts.
HOW DOES THE SYSTEM WORK?
Contractor workers will be registered by their employer in the Downer Workforce Management system.
When your division is called on to register, the process is completed in steps in an online portal:
- Create a business account in the system
- Create profiles for your employees who work for Downer
- Select the role/s they perform for Downer on a specific project or site
- Upload their qualifications and competencies (licences, tickets)
- Book online inductions which they complete before attending site
This information is verified by Pegasus safety specialists. Compliant and inducted workers are issued with access ID cards linked to their online profile – their passport to access Downer sites and projects.
WHICH DOWNER NZ DIVISIONS REQUIRE REGISTRATION?
Currently, the divisions listed below requires workers to register in Downer Workforce Management System:
Pegasus connects a competent workforce and manages the Workforce Management system on behalf of Downer.
Forged in deep industrial expertise, our software was first developed in 1998 to keep Australian and New Zealand workers safe on site.
Our commitment to workplace safety was as uncompromising then as it is now. The complete Pegasus workforce management solution:
- provides immediate access to data on the workforce
- manages all training and inductions
- administers compliance and pre-qualification documents
- manages the qualifications and competency, including licences and medicals, of all workers on a project
- awards accreditation upon successful completion of inductions and assessments
- provides tools for audit, investigation and inspection of businesses and workers
- offers online and call centre support
- manages contractor performance over term of their contract